Protecting your privacy is important to us, we want to ensure that we build trust with our customers so we promise to safeguard your protecting your information and data.
Our registered reference number with the ICO is: ZA802593
What personal information do we collect from you and how?
1. Information we collect about you:
- When you sign up to our newsletter or updates;
- When you enter competitions and prize draws;
- Which you complete, or which we complete at your request in-store;
- When you place an order on our Website
- If you ask us to keep in touch with you;
- If you ask us to receive personalised online content such as targeted advertising;
- If you complete a survey or send us feedback about our products, Websites or stores;
- If you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a product or our after sale care and support services, to report a problem with the Website or a product or for any other reason.
The personal information you give us may include your first and surname, title, gender, birth date, email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
The information collected from you via our Website will be matched with personal information you may have given us in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept accurate and up to date.
2. Information other Belstaff Group members collect about you:
This is information we receive about you when you make a purchase in one of our stores or concession stores if you have completed a store personal information card. These stores will also provide us with a record of your transaction.
3. Information we receive from other sources about you:
We work closely with third parties, for example, business partners, sub-contractors for technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. If we receive information about you from them, we will always seek assurances that they are providing information to us in accordance with data protection laws and that they are transparent with you that they may share your data with us. We may use this information to update our records about you to keep them accurate.
Why do we use your data?
Belstaff may use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes (purposes for which we need your consent are marked *):
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. to process and complete your orders and to process your payments;
- To remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased*;
- To help us identify you and accounts you hold with us;
- To manage and improve the Website and the services we provide through the Website;
- To tailor our Website content to your needs and preferences*;
- To manage the security of the Website and data collected via the Website;
- To provide other services requested by you, as described when we collect the data;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the Website, and to enforce our General Terms and Conditions.
- To address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- For our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
- To notify you about changes to any element of the Website;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you by email with such information if you have consented to this. More information about this is set out below under the heading “legal basis for processing”*;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and others;
- To deliver relevant advertising to you, for example, newsletters*; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest to you*.
What is the legal basis processing your data?
This includes, for example, where it is necessary for us to use the information in order to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, such as to process your order, provide after care and support services to you or manage the online account facility that we provide to you. It also includes circumstances (such as we have described below) where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights and interests:
- to ensure that we organise our database efficiently and understand how our clients may make purchases in different parts of the world;
- to carry out research and analysis of your data (including purchase information) as this helps us understand our clients better, who they are and how they interact with the Belstaff Group;
- to improve and ensure the security of the Website (for example, for statistical, testing and analytical purposes, troubleshooting); and
- to ensure that you know about any changes to the Website or the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal information, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent (for example, by email, providing non mandatory information, verbally in-store or on a store card), you consent to our use of that personal information for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given. For example, we will only process your personal information for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so. Where consent has been obtained from the customer, the customer also reserves the right to have this consent removed.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you check out, sign up for newsletters or updates, or if you register with us via the Website, by phone or by email. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out how you wish to hear from us. If you are registered, you can also manage your preferences by updating / changing your privacy settings of your account. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We will not share your personal information with businesses outside the Belstaff Group, without your explicit prior consent, for them to contact you for marketing purposes (except if they are contacting you on behalf of the Belstaff Group).
How do we store and protect your data?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access restricted areas of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk (Data is encrypted in transit). Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features (as mentioned above) to try and prevent unauthorised access.
We may also share your data with the following categories of selected third parties in accordance with this Privacy Notice:
- service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (such as, but not limited to, Website operations, payment services, shipments, fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliate and rewards programs);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity through the Website that may expose us and/or the user or any third party to legal risks or liability.
Third party websites and their own policies
Approche Sur Mesure - https://www.approche-sur-mesure.fr/index.php/en/
Why do we retain your data and how can you access it?
Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still need to keep it (please see below) or may keep it in a form that doesn’t identify you. If you have not agreed that we may use your data for marketing purposes, we will keep your data for 6 years after you have made a purchase from us to assist with warranty / service / repair issues.
What are your rights?
- Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it).
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if the data is inaccurate, our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication you receive.
- Automated decision making. If you have any questions in respect of our automated decision-making processes or the accuracy of them, please let us know, or to change your preferences, please see above.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as your marketing preference information) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your online account).
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
C/O Customer Service
15-19 Britten Street
or send an email to: email@example.com
If you ask us to stop processing your personal information in a certain way or erase your personal information, and this type of processing or information is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or is required to enable us to provide you with a service (such as to manage your online account), you may not be able to use the Website or the service as you did before previously.
This does not include your right to object to direct marketing which can be exercised at any time without restriction. Please allow at least 14 working days for your request to be actioned.
The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
How can you protect your child’s information?
A cookie is a small text file that is used to store information on your browser or your computer's hard drive when you visit a website, such as the Website. A cookie does not contain information that identifies a person, but it allows for the linking of your computer to the information provided by you on the Website (such as, for example, linking your IP address and other information about your experience on the Website to your preferences expressed while choosing services and purchasing products offered through the Website). Cookies are disseminated by servers and no one may gain access to information contained therein. The information stored in cookies is gathered directly and automatically by the Website and is processed in an aggregate and anonymous manner.
BELSTAFF uses the following types of cookies:
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse the Website. Without these cookies, services offered by the Website (such as use of the shopping bag or access to your order history) cannot be provided.
- ANALYTICAL COOKIES: These cookies are used to measure and analyse how the visitors use the Website (for example site traffic, total sales through the Website, the pages visitors go to most often and pages from which the visitors get error messages) in order to continuously improve the Website and the shopping experiences offered through the Website. All information collected by these cookies is in an anonymous form (even if passed onto third parties) and are not used to identify you.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES: These cookies are not necessary for the functioning of the Website but allow the Website to remember the choices and/or the preferences (such as your username, language or the region you are located) in order to offer you some advanced, simplified and personalised features.
- TARGETING AND ADVERTISING COOKIES: Targeting and advertising cookies may be used to deliver personalised advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies may collect quite detailed information about your browsing habits through the Website, such as products you have clicked on or put in your shopping bag. These cookies allow us to personalise any direct marketing communication (i.e. email) or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement or to help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They also may enable us (or third-party advertising services we work with) to track the actions of users online over time and across different websites or platforms to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the overall consumer experience. We do not currently respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in this Privacy Notice.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESS: Please note that if you share content from the Website through third party websites (i.e. social networking websites) you may be sent cookies from these websites. This occurs where you choose to log in to our Website using your social media profile information. Your activity on our Website then becomes subject to the privacy policies of those other social media websites/services. Belstaff does not control the setting of such cookies and encourages you to refer to the relevant social media provider’s websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. You should also look at the privacy policies of those websites and how they handle information to which they gain access as a result of your decision to log into our Website using your social media profile information.
It is possible to disable/enable or delete the cookies at any time by using the settings of your Web browser. In particular, if you do not wish to receive cookies, it is possible to set your own browser to inform you of the presence of a cookie, thus allowing you to decide whether to accept it or not; you may also automatically refuse all the cookies by enabling the specific browser option. You may also delete specific cookies already stored in the browser or block the storage of cookies on your computer by specific websites, or block third party cookies.
Below, find the methods provided by the main browsers:
Moreover, you may manage your cookie preferences at www.youronlinechoices.com.
How can we make changes to this notice?
Your account will be closed and you will not be bound by the new terms. You may also ask us to delete your information (as mentioned above).
Would you like to know more?
C/O CUSTOMER SERVICE
15-19 BRITTEN STREET
or email firstname.lastname@example.org