Belstaff does not offer its merchandise through individuals, street vendors, unauthorised retail locations or internet auctions. The only way to purchase genuine Belstaff items is through our website, retail doors and official stockists which can be found at www.belstaff.com/stores
At Belstaff we are aware that our products are desirable and therefore sadly counterfeited and distributed through a number of channels. We invest heavily as a brand to monitor and legislate against these activities as our customers are so important to us. If you purchase a Belstaff item from an unauthorised source we apologise for the inconvenience caused by your experience and by the investment that we are making in this area hope to minimise these occasions in the future.
Whilst we are not able to provide specifics on how to determine whether an item is a fake (in order to prevent further sale or reproduction of imitation products) we are able to offer the following advice on how to spot whether websites are genuine:
- 1. Visit the websites ‘about us’ section and they should state whether they are an approved reseller of our product. Many sites will say they are representative products rather than real ones.
- 2. Go to a content area of the website (like the ‘About us’ section and check the text for spelling mistakes and grammar as often these sites are created using a translation program.
- 3. If there is a live chat option or contact us it is worth checking that as genuine sites will be able to prove through direct communication with you that they are authorised.
- 4. If the price that is being offered seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- 5. If in doubt check our store locator or with our customer service team.
Please however note - the only way to guarantee the authenticity of a Belstaff product is to purchase it via the options stated above.
Because Belstaff are so actively trying to close down vendors and websites which claim to be genuine, If you know of, or suspect that a website or vendor is not genuine, please submit the web address to: firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will look into it. Please be assured that every lead is a priority and investigated as soon as possible. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and sends a strong message to counterfeiters that their illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Belstaff would like to thank you for your understanding on this issue and we hope that together we can minimise the occurrences of illegal websites and resellers and also most importantly minimise any poor customer experiences when encountering these sub standard products.